The Idaho Center on Disabilities and Human Development is recruiting for our Community Advisory Committee. If you could please forward this email to those who would be interested in joining. We are looking for Idahoans with disabilities and family members of individuals with disabilities.
We need people with disabilities and family members to be part of our team at the Center on Disabilities and Human Development (CDHD).
The CDHD has many projects that support people with disabilities to live, learn, work, and play in their communities.
- We teach college students about disabilities,
- We train teachers and other professionals about ways that people with disabilities learn.
- We help people to talk and move through technology.
- We work with companies that make technology to help people.
Our work is important to local communities, the state of Idaho, and the United States as a whole. We need your voice to help us do what makes a difference!
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) helps the CDHD stay on track by providing on-going feedback about activities, goals and objectives. Members of CAC are from Idaho and include people with disabilities, family members of people with disabilities, and community stakeholders who work at disability-related agencies.
What it is like to be a CAC member?
- Attend three (3) meetings each year.
- Receive $100 compensation for each meeting you attend.
- Serve for three (3) years.
- Travel expenses are paid by CDHD (when travel is required).
- CDHD provides technology when needed to access meetings, such as a laptop computer or iPad.
CAC Members assist the CDHD in the following ways:
- Collaborate in the development of the CDHD 5-year plan.
- Provide feedback related to CDHD’s goals and activities.
- Provide input into the design of courses, and interdisciplinary activities for CDHD student trainees.
- And more!
If you are unsure if becoming a CAC member will be a good fit, please join us at our next meeting Tuesday October 13, 2020 from 12 pm – 3pm PST, 1pm – 4pm MST. This meeting will be hosted through zoom. Send us an email or give us a call stating you are interested in attending and we will forward along the zoom link information.
If you have any questions, or would like to participate in CAC, contact Lynsey Fenter, the CAC Coordinator:
To learn more about CAC and the application process, please visit our website at [idahocdhd.org/AboutUs/CAC]idahocdhd.org/AboutUs/CAC.Idaho-CAC-Recruitment-Flyer_Accessible