LINC is hiring for our Personal Assistant Services Director!
If you are interesting in applying please submit a cover letter, resume and a minimum of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please contact Haley Westenskow at 208-336-3335 extension 11.
Position Title: Personal Assistant Services Director
Service Area: Idaho- Boise, Caldwell, Twin Falls
Department: PAS Program
Supervised by: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $52,000 – $63,000 annually
Hours: 40 hours
The purpose of this position is to oversee the day to day operations of the Personal Assistant Services Program, including but not limited to staff supervision, building and maintaining community relationships, quality assurance monitoring, program implementation and compliance, as well as internal collaboration to best serve and meet the needs of the organization. There should be a strong emphasis on exceptional customer service to consumers, personal assistants, community members, provider agencies and outside agencies. The position also requires a knowledge of the Independent Living philosophy as well as a strong commitment to LINC’s mission and values.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a demonstrated work experience of at least 4 years or a Bachelor’s degree in the human services field, i.e. social work, psychology, nursing or closely related field of study
- Required to have knowledge of management practices, program and/or project management and implementation, as well as development of policy and procedures and supervising staff
- Must pass a criminal background check through the Department of Health and Welfare
- Must possess reliable transportation; personal vehicle will be used for travel to satellite offices as well as designated meetings across the region
- Must be able to comply with drug free workplace policies
- Must secure First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days
- Required to have a working knowledge of computers including experience with MS Office and web-based systems
- Must have a flexible schedule in order to meet the overall needs of the program and offices
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not exclusive to the items identified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the day to day operations of the Personal Assistant Services program, including staff supervision, program implementation and quality assurance oversight
- Promotes the Independent Living Philosophy and ensures that services are carried through in a manner that allows the consumer to live a life of their choosing.
- Ensures that program standards are met and maintained as outlined by the Bureau of Long-Term Care (Medicaid) and are in compliance with IDAPA rules and regulations
- Maintains a working knowledge of LINC programs and services in order to provide appropriate information and referral services.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing and outreach strategies that raise awareness and promote LINC programs
- Represents LINC on a quarterly basis as a member of the Medicaid Medical Care Advisory Committee and Personal Assistance Oversight Committee
- Collaborate with all LINC team members in a positive manner that promotes open communication and opportunity for growth of all LINC programs
- Directs and guides services in a manner that creates a positive relationship between employers, personal assistants and LINC staff
- Ensures that the Personal Assistant Services program maintains compliance with IDAPA rules and regulations through routine satisfaction surveys, on site reviews, personnel and employer file reviews, as well as quarterly and biennial audits with Medicaid and other funding sources
- Communicates potential risk management issues to leadership team and Board of Directors as needed to ensure safe and sustainable workplace practices
- Develops and maintains policy and procedures that reflect the services provided
- Has a comprehensive understanding of LINC services in order to provide opportunities for assistance with independent living, as well as advocates for services and regulations that help employers to self-direct their care
- Conducts routine staff meetings to ensure program stability as well as maintaining open dialogue and feedback with team members
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor or board of directors
Positive Working Environment
- Respect and honor diversity (race, religion, marital status, age, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, and abilities.)
- Maintain respectful relationships which recognize employer’s rights as a citizen and promotes their dignity, well-being, personal choice, and self-esteem
- Treat all co-workers with respect and in a manner that will promote teamwork, productivity, professionalism, while maintaining a high level of integrity, responsiveness and follow through
- Work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals and/or assigned tasks within identified time-frames
- Stay calm in challenging situations, maintains positive attitude, and serves as a role model for LINC team members, employers and Personal Assistants
Growth and Development
- Complete Basic Orientation and attend other in-service training as required
- Set and achieve development goals as identified through ongoing performance coaching
- Complete a Gallup Strengths Assessment
- Complete and remain current in First Aid and CPR
- Maintain any required licensing and certifications
Safety and Health
Maintain a safe working environment, follows safe work practices, and contribute to overall team safety as defined by organization policy and procedures, to include protecting individuals from physical, verbal, or mental abuse, notifying appropriate staff of safety hazards, knowledge of emergency evacuation procedures, being familiar with emergency first aid procedures and assisting as necessary.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, budgeting, assigning and directing work; appraising performance through a strengths based lens, including but not limited to goal setting, review of complaints or concerns in a timely manner, working to find appropriate resolution to concerns and rewarding employees for meeting outcomes.
- Manages two or more employees
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Personal Assistant Services Program
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
PHYSICAL, SENSORY & ENVIRONMENTAL:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation in order to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift or transfer a minimum of 15 pounds
- Refrain from utilizing multiple chemical sensitivity items, such as perfume, hand lotion, etc.; LINC is a scent free environment
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee is subject to inside environmental conditions
LINC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, marital status, age, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, and abilities. In addition to federal law requirements, LINC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company as facilities. LINC is a nonprofit organization that offers employees opportunities for growth and development; including but not limited to a strengths-based environment, competitive salaries, family friendly work environment, as well as a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, dental, vision, 401K employer contribution, generous vacation and sick leave accruals, as well as paid holidays.