On January 10, 2022, the Boise City & Ada County Housing Authorities (BCACHA) will begin accepting pre-applications for placement on the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program waiting list.
All pre-applications must be submitted online by accessing the BCACHA website at www.bcacha.org, from January 10, 2022 to February 10, 2022. The online pre-application is available 24 hours a day during this period.
After February 10th, a drawing will be held to determine random placement on the waiting list. Only the first 2,500 names drawn will receive a place on the waiting list. Note: This is a lottery-based waiting list. There is NO advantage to submitting an application on the first day. Applying early will not improve someone’s chances of being selected for the lottery. All households will have the same chance of being selected for the lottery regardless of when they apply during the application period.
Due to limited funding availability, the BCACHA will only be opening the waiting list to applicants that meet the following local preferences. Applicants must meet all of the qualifications in order to be eligible for the lottery.
- Head of Household must be over 18 years of age; AND
- Must be low-income (50% or below Area Median Income); AND
- Must qualify for the Idaho residency preference (a family qualifies if the family lives, works, or has been hired to work within the state of Idaho); AND
- Must meet at least one of the following definitions:
- Head of household, co-head or spouse are age 62 or older; or
- Head of household, co-head or spouse is disabled; or
- Families with children under the age of 18
For more information and application details, please see their website at https://bcacha.org/programs/subsidized-housing/housing-choice-voucher-sect-8/housing-choice-voucher-waiting-list-lottery-opening/