The Director of Finance is a strategic leader who works closely with the senior leadership team and strives to ensure the strategic goals of the organization are met. They provide leadership and support to business operation and the implementation of strategic objectives. In this senior level financial position, the Director of Finance is responsible for providing internal customer service by supporting, planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the organization. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, payroll, forecasting, budgeting, and financial statements.
Who you are:
You are passionate about providing support to your team members. You are a leader who celebrates diversity. You are able to work collaboratively with various industries and individuals. You are a self-starter with excellent research skills. You love solving problems and are good with numbers. You are helpful, compassionate, and known for creating a positive presence in the workplace. You enjoy helping others succeed and are motivated to get things done. You share our passion for building a community that is accessible to all.
Who we are:
We are one of Idaho’s three Centers for Independent Living. We empower people with disabilities to achieve their desired level of independence. We offer tools, advocacy, and support so people can live the life of their own design, whatever that design may be. Our approach is built on trust, truth, transparency, and an unwavering belief that independent living and personal choice are civil rights worth fighting for.
Who we are as an employer:
We are a strengths-based organization that believes work should be meaningful and that understanding our employees’ strengths allows them to connect with LINC’s purpose. We believe employees want the opportunity to do what they naturally do best every day. We are committed to the total wellbeing of our employees and value their healthy work-life balance.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the accounting and business operations of LINC.
- Leading a talented finance team.
- Working alongside program staff to ensure an understanding of finance policies and to stay updated on the status of the organization’s budget.
- Supporting the development of the annual budget.
- Overseeing the preparation of all required financial statements.
- Ensuring records are appropriately retained.
- Working with private and government funders.
- Coordinating the completion of all audits and the annual Form 990.
- Managing investments with direction from the Board.
- Evaluating and advising on the financial impact of long-range planning and introduction of new programs and strategies.
Education and experience you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience partnering and collaborating with an executive team.
Our total compensation package includes:
- Salary: $64,833-$81,972
- Generous accrual of sick and vacation time
- Two hours of paid time off every pay period to allow employee well-being activities
- One personal paid day off per month
- Employee medical/dental/vision/LTD/STD/Life paid at 100%
- Employer contribution for family medical insurance
- Employer retirement contribution
- Professional development opportunities
How you can apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply, please contact LeAnn Sullivan at (208) 336-3335 ext. 211.
LINC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, marital status, age, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, and abilities. In addition to federal law requirements, LINC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company as facilities.